It’s my last day as a HZ shoppe girl. It’s been a lot of fun working here, not only because I was surrounded by amazing creative design but I was lucky enough to see how happy these designs make our lovely customers and visitors. The ladies of HZ Rachael and Aimee are also inspiring creative folk who were a joy to work with and get to know.
I’m getting all misty eyed and thinking back on my sweet and short time at HZ HQ, so here are a couple of fond memories.
- The first time someone asked me if I was Hannah Zakari. Little did I know how often this question is asked but it’s always fun to explain the meaning behind the name to newbies.
- Seeing Rachael prepare literally any order, the woman is one expert tissue paper technician.
- The excitement when new pins arrived ensured Aimee and I would justify to ourselves that we actually NEED more pins.
- That one time a Irish man in London called HZ HQ to ask that instead of using our lovely touches if I could wrap his order ‘terribly, so my Girlfriend won’t know its from you guys’. It felt so wrong but sweet!
- Sunny the dog, the friendliest pooch in Edinburgh who visits us with his mama every so often.
- Meeting Naoshi and taking part in her workshop, so relaxing! Taking her to some dodgy comedy show during the Fringe.
I’ve been in Edinburgh for over 7 years so it feels scary to leave the city, it’s my adult home. Wish me luck and if you ever see a job opening at HZ go for it! It’s been my favourite retail job ever and I think a big part of that has to do with how lovely our customers are, you guys are the best!
Leave a comment